A Stitch Along

So, a thing I'd never heard of before finding a cross stitch blogging community these past few months: a stitch along. And now I've joined one. Felt a little weird about it, since I've been lurking for months and only just this week created an actual blog, and don't actually know anyone in the stitching community, but...IDK. It seemed like a good idea at the time?

At any rate, it's this:

Run by Stitching Lotus

I spent a sleepless part of last night thinking about what I will do for this thing. I have a tentative plan. Per month, I think I'll do a small project related to:

January - winter (the small pattern from By the Bay Needleart's "Chilly Winter")
February - Valentines Day (Snowflower Diaries Joyful World "February")
March - bunnies (Lizzie*Kate "Little Gray Hare")
April - birds (bird motif from 1998 Cross Stitch & Needlework "Four Seasons Sampler" design)
May - bees (Bee pincushion from What Delilah Did's "Secret Garden Embroidery")
June - flora  (top part of "Summer - Seasonal Celebrations" by Country Cottage Needleworks)
July - summer (Hardcore Stitch Corps "Flowers & Poetry")
August - fauna ("Rats!" from JCS Halloween 2016)
September - autumn (Crafty Like a Fox "Fangtastic")
October - Halloween (Crafty Like a Fox "Fran & Frankie")
November - Thanksgiving (Robin ornament from Cross Stitch Crazy)
December - Christmas (LK "Jingle")

Comments

Like you I've been shy to join a SAL till I joined the Farmers' Wife Sampler Quilt SAL but you have a year to finish in theory and really can work at your own pace. So far so good. Love your plan; I love BY the Bay Needlearts. I've been eyeing their SAL as a matter of fact. So good luck and Happy Stitching.
Amy said…
Thank you for commenting! It's great to hear from a fellow stitcher!

I really like By the Bay too. I didn't know they have a SAL, I will have to look it up!
Amy said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
I'm in the SAL too! It's great fun to link up every month too.
Katie said…
I joined this one too. Can't wait to SAL with ya.
Justine said…
Oh I'm tempted! I'm planning to stitch the Lizzie*Kate Twelve Christmas blessings next year and this might be just the thing to keep me on track!