Can I post a photo? Let's see.


So, after stitching a stack of small designs this autumn, I decided I was ready to start something larger. I have a few patterns for which I had picked up fabric at some point - three Lavender and Lace angels (yes, I was ambitious, lo those many years ago) and a Crossed Wing Collection snow scene. The last large pieces I finished were Lavender and Lace (Angel of Autumn, finished, oh, 10 years ago or so; and Nantucket Rose, which I started roughly 10 years ago and finished...well, in February). I really want to do the Angel of Winter and Angel of Light; do not really want to do Angel of the Sea, and I don't entirely know why I bought that pattern and fabric. At any rate, I don't think I'm ready to do any of them right now, though, because gah. Massive undertakings, those patterns.

So Crossed Wing Collection wins. :)

I started two weeks ago, on a snowman called "Chris." He wears a hat and scarf, and holds a platform feeder. As is the theme of the designers, there will be birds galore. I also noticed last night that there is an absolute ton of backstitch. Oh boy. Also! There are SO many 3/4 stitches, which I had never done before. They are proving a challenge.

But it will be darling. Here's where I am right now:

WIP: "A Frosty Feast...No. 29"
by Crossed Wing Collection

Haven't gotten far, as I've been stitching small Christmas patterns as well. But, my goal is to have this one done by next Christmas, which I think is doable.

A 'derp' story: for some reason I decided it would be a great idea to start this project a few hours after having my eyes dilated at the eye doctor. I thought, "oh, I can see fine now, I can totally do this."

Haha.

Have not yet decided if I will rip out the squiggle of stitches I mangled completed that day. I may leave them. They're not too noticeable, and I can laugh at myself for years to come when I look at them. (Derp.)

Comments

Katie said…
Looks like a beautiful. Can't wait to see more. Sounds like a beautiful pattern.