Too tired to think of a post title

Holiday time: busy time. It's nice to sit down and have time to be on the internet.(Note: I started this post two hours ago. Some people stopped by for a late Christmas visit. Augh.) I've been trying to keep up with people via blogs and Twitter etc on my phone, and it looks/sounds like people are having a good holiday. Lots of great pictures.

I turned a couple of small things into ornaments. I used instructions from Focus on Finishing for a flat finish, because I can't sew (yet) and don't have a sewing machine (yet).

Freebies; links below
 My first handmade cross stitch ornaments ever! I did a third, but forgot to take a picture before I gave it as a gift.

The owl was also a gift to a friend's mother, who loves owls. The pattern is a freebie via Holly's Hobbies, here, on white evenweave linen.

The second is one I did for myself; I got the pattern from Balades et Broderies, here. I did it on 14 count black Aida, using 3 strands of floss so that the white would look nice and rich. I love the way it turned out. The idea of doing the pattern on black came from this post at Stitching Dreams. I did the "Noel" pattern from that post and a few others by Balades et Broderies on black as well, and I plan to finish them all the same to have a little matched set. The colors aren't specified in the original pattern, so I used 321, 470, 721, 420 and white.

In flashback finishes news, I got a picture of the Wire Whimsy angel I stitched for my parents years ago:

From a Dimensions "Wire Whimsy" kit
And I made a little progress on my snowmen:

Crossed Wing Collection pattern; bad cell phone pic
I'm beginning to like the sparkly snow, now that I've figured out how to make the stitches look nicer.

I hope everyone had a great holiday!




Comments

Justine said…
Lovely stitching especially the snowman on black which looks stunning! Merry Christmas.
Katie said…
Oh lots of fantastic stitching! Wonderful job on the finishing. I don't like sewing but I have several pieces that I need to sew.