Upcoming WIPs

Things stitched with hand-dyed floss are lovely, but man that floss is expensive. I got a few skeins for 40% - 50% off recently, and it's killing me to see the un-discounted prices online. I'm trying to decide if I will like the results of some patterns I want to stitch next year if I use regular DMC floss. In one case yes, I'm pretty sure I will. In other cases, I don't know.

On the up side, the pattern I want to stitch for my January 'small' is charted with DMC, yay.

Chilly Winter by By the Bay Needleart
AND I think I have some linen on hand that I can use. I grabbed a few scraps for a steep discount at the cross stitch shop that's closing, and I think one of them will work. The pattern calls for Dove Gray linen and what I have is called Farsi Blue, but it's a very, very light, misty sort of blue. Bonus: I have just enough to do both of the house patterns.

I may also start another WIP. I probably shouldn't have more than one large and one small project going at once, but I found this pattern and I really want to do it sooner than later:

Tall Oaks
By the time my son was born, I was losing interest in (or at least, time for) cross stitch, so I never did any kind of 'birth announcement' type of stitching project. And honestly, at the time I don't think I could have found a pattern I liked. But I love this, so I picked it up last week and I hope to start it soon. (I'm only 17 years late. :))

Comments

Katie said…
Love your little houses piece. Beautiful pick. The acorns one is too cute too. I bet your son will love it no matter how long it's been in the waiting.

I agree with you about the prices of the specialty floss. They are pretty but ouch. I change mine out most the time.