Progress

I've made progress on my January goals. Tall Oaks looked a bit wintery a couple of weeks ago, but it has quite a few more leaves now:
I had to frog bits of the top-most branches and haven't put them back yet, but I still think I'll make my goal of finishing the tree, the leaves, and the critters in the tree (just have the bird yet to do). Next month I'll work toward finishing the roots, the birdsnest and the foxes, and get a start on the lettering in the border.
I've made progress on the redo of Bless This Home - Mos Eisley Edition, but I don't think I'll finish it by the end of the month. I'm getting tired of working on it, possibly because I'm restitching what I've already stitched before (if that makes sense). If I can get the rest of the little flower/heart bands done by end of month, I'll be happy.

No picture right now, but I also finished the border on the Joyful World SAL 'January' pattern, and even completed the name of the month. I think I'll get more done on this one than anticipated. I really like it. I'm enjoying stitching with the overdyed threads and on the very high count fabric; it's a departure from everything else I've done lately.

January goals updated:
  • finish something for the Smalls SAL done
  • finish the top of the reboot of Bless This Home - Mos Eisley Edition (this is my take-to-work project)
  • finish the tree, leaves, and critters in the tree on Tall Oaks
  • stitch the border, word, and flowers on the Joyful World SAL 'January' pattern
It's very cold here (high of 11*F yesterday, wind chill in the negatives) and we're supposed to get some snow tonight (yay snow! But not-yay having to take a vacation day if I can't get my car up my hill in the morning). My dog makes me very jealous in the morning. As I'm dragging myself out of bed, he's all:

Comments

Katie said…
Great job with your stitching and your goals. Love the pic of your dog. Too cute!!
Julie said…
Awww what a cosy looking dog all snuggled up.
Well done on the stitching.
Terri said…
Love your stitching! Your dog sure is a cutie!
I think you are making super progress with your stitching and goals. The pup under the quilt is darling.