Last finish for May, & progress

I finished the Joyful World SAL "April":
I ended up making a couple of small adjustments - after stitching the purple flowers I decided they looked like lilacs, my favorite Spring flower, so I left off the yellow centers and swapped out a yellow flower that was supposed to be at the bottom left for more lilacs. I also shortened the bunny's neck by a row and made her face less round. I like the way it turned out!

And since I finished it, I got to start Ink Circles "Village Square."
I'm stitching it on an Under the Sea fabric called As You Wish, with the charted Gloriana silk.

(Let us not speak of what a pain that silk was when I first started with it. I think I've got it under control now, but initially...I was not a happy camper.)

Lastly, I've made some progress on Happy Halloween:
I really like this one, it's a lot of fun to stitch.

I hope everyone had a great weekend!

Comments

Carol said…
I like your idea of turning the May SAL flowers into lilacs--such a cute finish! Nice progress on your other pieces, too...

Happy June to you!
Julie said…
Your lilacs was a great idea on the SAL it looks super.
Way to go on getting the April block finished! I like the squirrel and bunny in this one. You have gotten a good start on the Ink Circles piece and glad you made some progress on the Halloween piece. Yay, Amy!
Sally said…
Lovely finish. Your April block looks so pretty.

Great start and brilliant progress :)
Brigitte said…
Such a nice idea to stitch lilacs on your April piece. These are such wonderful flowers and I love their different colours. But my most favorite colour is that deep purple like the one we have in our garden.