WIPs and soon-to-be WIPs

Tall Oaks as of the end of April:
Top row finished! All I have left now is the roots of the tree, and my son's name & birth date. I expect to have the stitching done this month. :D

Progress on Happy Halloween:


I initially thought I'd try completing individual boxes at a time, but I find it's more enjoyable to bounce around sometimes. As long as I make steady progress, right?

New start:

The pattern is "The Force Awakens" by bertaMOMO on Etsy; I'm starting it today for the StitchMaynia FB "May the Fourth" SAL event...thingie.

After I finish Tall Oaks, I was intending to start Woolen Sheep...

...but then I joined the Under the Sea Fabric of the Month thing and the fabric I got for April would look SO AMAZING for this Ink Circles pattern...

"Village Square" by Ink Circles
...and I even have the floss for it (I'm going to try silk! Bit nervous about that actually...). So the sheep may get bumped.

I'm still determined to start this one after either Woolen Sheep or Village Square:

"The First 'Angel of Light'" by Lavender & Lace
...again largely because I love the fabric I have for it (is it weird to be motivated by having the perfect fabric for a pattern?).

And then I may go ahead and keep a holiday-themed project in my WIP rotation, and after I finish Happy Halloween start this one:

I did not intend to buy this. But as soon as I saw it, all sorts of lovely memories of spending Christmas 2014 in Germany with my son flooded in. So I'll stitch this with the German "Weihnachtsmarkt" on the white sign. The pattern is by CuoreeBatticuore on Etsy.

Other WIPs:
  • I meant to start on the Joyful World SAL "April" last month but didn't. I will get to it this month, though.
  • Started a little snowman design kit; it's a cute, easy project, even though I'm making some changes to it.

Comments

Carol said…
Just love that Tall Oaks WIP, Amy... And I'm so excited to see your Weihnachtsmarkt chart--that is so adorable. I look forward to seeing your progress on it :)
Amy, my favorite is the Tall Oaks piece. I look forward to seeing your start/progress on the Ink Circle piece.
Julie said…
Your Tall Oaks is a lovely one.
Lots of lovely plans you have, looking forward to coming back to see how you get on....
Haha, you are such a butterfly! It's good to have fun in your stitching. Happy Hallowe'en is a great piece and I love the Christmas one too. Must check out that Etsy shop.
Love the Ink Circles too.