Two small finishes

I'm working on the Joyful World SAL "May," Ink Circles "Village Square," and Satsuma Street "Happy Halloween," and I'm not sure how I like this whole thing where I do a lot of stitching but it still takes forever to finish something. :| This is why I take smalls to stitch on during my work lunchtime. Oh, the relief of a finish (or two)!

I finished one of the small designs from Prairie Schooler's "All Hallow's Eve." This is 3 over 2 on 28 count. I didn't stitch the word "Nevermore" as charted; I liked the focus being on the "oops" on the tombstone. :D
 I also finished a kit I picked up at Hobby Lobby steeply discounted after Christmas:
I like these little guys a lot! I made several changes from the chart, though. Here's a pic of the finish next to the kit's cover photo:
The main issues I wanted to 'fix' were the hat and the bunny's face. And then I also decided to do the back-stitching a little differently. Finally, I changed the snowman's smile to French knots instead of back-stitching. Oh! And I changed the color of the snowflakes. I felt like black snowflakes made it look like a volcano was erupting somewhere nearby...

I have two other smalls in work - one for the Smalls SAL, and one for a secret summer exchange run by Leslie of Under the Sea Fabrics via her Facebook page. I've never participated in an exchange, or stitched anything for someone who was not family or a close friend, and this is a bit nerve-wracking! Hopefully the recipient will like what I send.

Also, funny stitchy story: I was getting directions to someone's house, and they said their house number was 3012, and I thought, "Oh, that's a shade of greenish in DMC..." I think I have stitchy-brain.

Comments

Carol said…
Very cute finishes, Amy! Good changes on the snowman--especially changing the black snowflakes.

I do the same thing with numbers, but think in terms of Dewey Decimal numbers rather than DMC--too many years working at the library, I guess!
Katie said…
Great finishes! Love your color changes. I agree with you sometimes I just need a quick finish mixed in.
Super finishes, Amy! I like your changes to the snowman and rabbit piece. You aren't the only one with stitch-brain. Enjoy your day!
Julie said…
Lovely changes you made to your snowman, he's cute
Justine said…
Laughing at your stitch-brain! I love your changes to the Snowman piece, and the Raven finish is perfect! I'm sure your exchange finish will be well received.
Brigitte said…
Two cute finishes that you have here, Amy. I agree with you on the bunny's face - yours looks nicer.
That DMC number things often happens to me as well, lol.