July Goals

I know I'm already behind on commenting & replying to comments, but I'm getting all tied up in angsty knots about both personal (minor) and current (WTF, everybody) events, so I'm going to cope by talking about stitching.

I didn't set any stitchy goals for May or June, though I did manage to make progress on things I want to get done, for the most part. But I feel like I'm losing momentum on a couple of things, so, stitchy goals for July:
  1. Stitch something for the Smalls SAL Stitched AND framed.
  2. Complete Joyful World SAL "June" FINALLY omg.
  3. Complete Joyful World SAL "July"
    For some reason I've decided I want to catch up, and at least complete each month before the month is over. IDK. Well, it's July 22 now and I haven't even started. So. This is not happening.
  4. Make progress on Happy Halloween Having a stitch-along with a friend tomorrow (Saturday), plan to work on this. & Village Square Once I finished "June" I decided I NEEDED to work on something besides Joyful World. Was lovely to pick up Village Square again.
  5. Start this as my next travel/take-to-work project: Started, but can't take it to work anymore. The fabric I'm using requires BRIGHT direct light, preferably sunlight. Ugh. So I need to kit up another take-to-work project. :(
Japanese Hiragana Sampler by Modern Folk Embroidery

I'm going to stitch it on a hand-dyed lightish blue fabric, with white characters and maaaaaaybe dark blue flowers/flower bands.

How is everyone else doing? Hanging in there?

Comments

Unknown said…
That looks like a wonderful new start. Your July goals sound great. I am trying to focus on the things I love the most and cross stitching has to be at the top of the list.
What an interesting new project you have selected, Amy! Best wishes to you on your July goals. Enjoy your weekend!
Katie said…
Best wishes on your goals. Can't wait to see your new one progress.
I'm with you on the World Angst, the stitching world is so much nicer!
I love that Japanese Sampler and also the Joyful World designs. I'm not stitching those but love seeing everyone else's progress!
Julie said…
Good luck with this months plans. I find the Joyful takes a lot longer to stitch than you think it will....
Carol said…
Stitching definitely soothes the soul--maybe the whole world should learn how to stitch :)

Love your new project--the colors you've planned sound perfect, Amy!
Love your new project. So different!