July Smalls SAL post

My July small for the Smalls SAL, run by Heather of Stitching Lotus.
This is a blackwork pattern called "Flowers and Poetry" by Hardcore StitchCorps on Etsy. I have this sitting in the bookcase that houses my shelf of poetry books.

The only change I made was to add the name of the poet: this quote is from Carl Sandburg's 38 definitions of poetry.

I'm very glad I got this done earlier this month, because between eye strain and a sciatica flare-up, I've gotten zero stitching done since last week. :(

Other smalls completed this month:
- The Sheep Peddler - Let Freedom Ring by Needle Bling Designs
- Joyful World SAL 'June' by The Snowflower Diaries

I also finish-finished my June small.
I got an 8x8 shadow box and some scrapbooking paper, and used some ribbon and pins I already had. This was my first attempt to mount stitching on foam board, and...well, I'll do better next time. :)

Comments

Heather said…
Great work! That is a very amusing quote, and displaying it with your poetry books is just perfect.

Your finish finished June small looks wonderful too.
Peggy said…
Nice stitching!
Sheryl said…
Pretty stitching.
Carol said…
Your Summer finish is adorable, Amy! Love the poetry piece, too.

I'm sorry to hear about your sciatica flare-up. Just had that once (34 years ago after my oldest son was born), but I'll never forget the pain. Hope you feel better very soon...
Katie said…
Love your poetry piece. Congrats on the finishes and finished finishes too.
Unknown said…
I totally love that quote and your Finish looks wonderful. Thank you for sharing.
Hope your sciatica flare is lessening and on the mend. Congratulations on your finishes! I like the shadowbox idea.
Justine said…
Sciatica is no fun! Hope you feel better soon. Love both your finishes - the shadow box is a great way of displaying your sweet stitches.
I like the poetry quote, very amusing and the finish for the June small is just great. I like those shadow boxes.