August Smalls SAL post

My August small for the Smalls SAL, run by Heather of Stitching Lotus.
I stitched up "Rats!" from the Just Cross Stitch 2016 Halloween issue, pattern by The Stitcherhood. It's on a hand-dyed 14 count Aida, dyer unknown. I received the fabric in a stitchy exchange run by Under the Sea Fabrics, though it doesn't seem to be a UtS fabric. :D

I plan to do a few little Halloween silhouette patterns on this fabric, and then finish them all as ornaments. I've already started a second Stitcherhood pattern, from the JCS 2015 Halloween issue, "Black Crow."

On the theme of Halloween, I've made progress on "Happy Halloween":
In fact, I've made even more progress since I took this photo. I fixed the right-side gray border of the box with the pink vertical stripes and finished a small box next to it; I finished the green box below the lower case 'a', and started the 'H' at the beginning of the word 'Halloween.'

I've made so much progress on this because I've given up trying to keep up at all with the Joyful World SAL. :(  I want to finish "Happy Halloween" before Halloween this year more than I want to stress about finishing a Joyful World pattern each month. I still love the designs, and I do plan to finish it, but...later.

So that's me in stitching right now.

Comments

Amy, your Happy Halloween piece is looking good. Congratulations on getting the rat stitched up! Thanks for sharing!
Smart move, to concentrate on what gives you pleasure instead of stressing over monthly finishes. Cute design on the Halloween stitchery.
Von said…
Yes! No stressing allowed!! Putting needle to linen (or whatever you like) is for pure pleasure, not obligation. Glad you're putting Joyful World aside for awhile, Amy. It'll still be there later.
Unknown said…
I never, ever can keep up with those monthly SALs. I love your Halloween stitching
Justine said…
Love your Happy Halloween - it's so bright and colourful! It's your hobby so stitch what makes you happy.
Katie said…
I love your beautiful rat which is definitely not something I thought I would ever type haha. The Happy Halloween piece is adorable. Good luck getting it finished up. Our love of cross stitching isn't supposed to be stressful. So enjoy whatever you want to stitch on. Probably why I have so many WIPs haha.
Carol said…
Love your Halloween stitching, Amy! I think I would stick with that, too, since Halloween is rapidly approaching. Where did this summer go?!
I love your Halloween stitching
Stitching Noni said…
What a cute rat :o) great little finish!
I love your Halloween piece
I have gotten so far behind with the Joyful World SAL - my plan is now just to collect them all and stitch them over the next 12 months or so.... eventually they will be done! :o)
Hugs xx
I hope you were going for creepy with that rat! If so you've really succeeded.
Keep up the great work. Can't wait to see the other Halloween ornaments you will stitch.
Kaisievic said…
Rattus rattus looks really good.