Two things. Wait, no, three.

R.e. a couple of responses to my Blogger issues: I do remain logged into Gmail and Google+, but it doesn't seem to...I don't know, be recognized? by Blogger. I've even tried manually logging in via the Blogger reply function, but that doesn't work either. It's really weird. I might look into using OpenID - see if I can reply that way without ending up as a no-reply commenter.

Why so difficult, technology? :(

And, I wanted to share something that I'm super giddy about, because stitchers are pretty much the only people I 'know' who won't look at me funny.

I had a stressful week (not the thing I'm giddy about) and I did some therapy shopping (ok, not giddy about that either), and I bought some stitching stuff.

I found the Lizzie Kate "Hats Off to Halloween" (first version) on a stash sale Facebook page for $5, and I snapped it up. Yay! It's this one:
Isn't it cute?? I've been wanting it forever.

EVEN BETTER THOUGH: I discovered TheThreadGatherer on Etsy - the maker of Silk 'n Colors. I ordered these:
Smoke Stack and Fairy Moss. AREN'T THEY PRETTY? Seriously, I have never been so excited about thread in my entire life.

They're both destined for Ink Circles patterns. Smoke Stack will be used for A Spirited Mandala:
I was gifted the pattern in the Under the Sea Fabrics Summer Mystery Box exchange. I'll either stitch it on the fabric shown (it's PTP Voodoo, which I have in opalescant, but I have to check if the piece is big enough) or on UtS Dreamsicle, which is a bright yellow-and-orange.

Fairy Moss will be used for Four de Lys:
Not sure what fabric I'll use yet.

Of course, I have several WIPs I have to finish before I can start these. Never mind other projects I also have been wanting to start. I'm suffering a bit from start-itis and stashaholism I think.

AND...there is a huge arts and crafts fair this weekend, and I'm going to be scouring the potters' and ceramicists' booths. Every year I go to the fair and look at the yarn bowls and think "I need to learn to knit or crochet so I can justify buying one of those." Well, I learned to knit this Spring, so guess what I'm going to buy this weekend? Yasssss!

I hope you all have a lovely weekend coming up, and now I need to go try to 1) off-set my coffee buzz with some food and 2) work. *waves*

Comments

Katie said…
New stash is always worth celebrating. I love your new threads. They will look beautiful on the projects you have picked out. Can't wait to see them grow. Hope you find the perfect knitting pottery this weekend.
Von said…
Love Silk 'n Colors and you chose some beauties, Amy!! They'll be perfect for the Ink Circles designs. :)
Carol said…
Love your new purchases!! Hope you find some goodies at the arts fair :)
Lovely purchases! Look forward to seeing what yarn bowl comes home with you. Enjoy your weekend!