Clearly I need a second job to support my cross stitch habit

I'm about to 1) add my teenage son to my auto insurance & 2) get a new car (so that he can have my old one when he gets his license, and also because I have a very long commute and my poor old car is not quite as good at it anymore). He's going to pay for things like personal property tax, licensing, gas; but he's in his first year of college so he's not exactly making enough money to help pay for insurance yet.

So, no more buying** cross stitch patterns (among other things) for a while! Which is fine because I have lots and I should really try to make a dent in my stash, but saddening because I like buying new patterns.

**excluding gift certificate shopping, of course :D

As a last hurrah, I picked up two patterns on Stash Unload. I now have enough Halloween patterns to last the rest of my life, probably.

In the meantime I am furiously stitching autumn/Halloween patterns, because I have a couple more that I want to start & finish before Halloween happens/Christmas stitching begins but I won't start any more until the 2 WIPs are done.

I showed Cats on Parade recently; that's still coming along, but I took a short break to start this:
This is Bent Creek's "Gobble." I'm stitching it on 35 ct Spanish Moss (I think by WDW, but I got it from a leftovers bin at a LNS going out of business sale and info is incomplete). Using Victorian Motto Sampler Shoppe threads (the dark brown, gold lettering, yellow, red and green are all from her recent Autumn Splendor line), GAST (the light brown on the turkey, and the dark orange) and DMC (the light orange). I chose mostly brighter colors than what the pattern called for.

I don't normally enjoy stitching samplers, but I thought this pattern was so cute. I don't have any Thanksgiving finishes, and I decided I neeeeeeded one. It's been a fairly quick stitch too.

EDIT: Finished last night:
 More specifics on the specialty threads I used:

VMSS: Roasted Chestnut, Autumn Prairie, Autumn Gold, Frost on the Pumpkin Vines, and Scarlet Oak (Autumn Prairie in particular seems to glow! The gold and scarlet seem to almost have a silken sheen to them too.)
GAST: Portabella, Fragrant Cloves

Comments

Congratulations on your Gobble finish, Amy! I like your color changes.
Nancy said…
Beautiful stitching!
Carol said…
What an adorable finish, Amy! I think we all buy way too many new charts, but I get pleasure from just looking through them from time to time :) Hope you find a nice reliable car for yourself!
Julie said…
Such pretty things you have been stitching and finishing. Safe travels to your son in the future.
Katie said…
Congrats on your finish. Too cute!! Good luck on your adding to your stash break.