A few seasonal FFOs

I did a bit of finishing this weekend: a mini from Prairie Schooler's All Hallow's Eve, Gobble by Bent Creek, and Lizzie Kate's Autumn Boxer.




I also pulled out a couple of FFOs from last year. They are both freebies. The first is Le Chat et Les Corbeaux from Gazette94; the second is Pumpkin Witch from Craftown. Le Chat et Les Corbeaux is the first thing I stitched last September after not doing any cross stitch for years.



As you can see, I find it easiest to simply frame finishes. I am getting a bit better at doing flat finishes, but I'm still not that great at it. I'd like to do more flat finishes and learn to sew well enough to do little pillows, but my problem is that I'm not really creative enough to make them look really nice. But I suppose some plain non-framed finishes is better than a million little framed ones. :P

Comments

Julie said…
Well done, super collection
Kaisievic said…
I think that you have done a fabulous job - these look great.
Justine said…
I too think you have done a great job. I especially like the way you finished the Autumn Boxer with the natural twine - it's the perfect complement for the design.
What super finished finishes, Amy! I love the twine around LK piece. Very cool looking!
Von said…
Good for you getting some finishes framed! I have quite a backlog of projects to be finished up somehow, lol!
Irmeli said…
They are all so pretty. You did great job!
Irmeli said…
They are all so pretty. You did great job!
Carol said…
I really like all of these, Amy--especially the LK piece with the rope trim (see you ARE creative :)... And at least you are getting your finishes out and on display. I am so, so bad about not getting my larger things framed!