Needlework Galleria, and a finish

There was an event called the Needlework Galleria in St. Charles, MO this past weekend; that's not too far from where I live, so a friend and I went on Saturday. Neither of us were able to attend any of the classes or anything on Thursday or Friday, but we were VERY EXCITED to shop the vendors!!!

I managed not to spend all of my 'fun money' (mainly because I was breaking my stash diet and felt a bit guilty about that), but if I had been able to go more than one day, I'm sure I would have. On Sunday I was thinking of everything I'd seen and loved and not purchased, and wished I could go back and get it all. :)

What I did get:

Patterns:
- ScissorTail Designs "Holly Tree"
- Rosewood Manor "Birds of a Feather" (on sale!)
- JBW Designs "French Country Squirrel" and "Very Merry Winter"
- Rovaris "December 25" and "Pawprint" keychain kit
Threads:
- Romy's Creations - 2 skeins of a gorgeous Christmasy red
- GAST - 2 colors I need for existing projects
Fabric:
- Hand-Dyed by Stephanie "Banshee" 32 count linen, to use for a couple of Nora Corbett witches
- PTP "Crystal Conifer" 28 count linen, for Xmas ornaments

I'm absolutely kicking myself for not getting a couple of Needle Bling and Romy's Creations patterns that I loved, but it's not like I neeeeeeeeded them, I suppose. *wistful*

Of course I had to stitch something with my newly acquired stash, so I stitched up and finished the Pawprint keychain:
I made it double-sided, and used GAST "Deep Sea" instead of the red used for the model. The chart came with the pattern, fabric, keychain ends and heart-shaped key ring, and the cat charm and a little bell. I saved the bell for another use and added a little dog charm. I also decided to turn it into a purse fob, because I don't think it would hold up very well to being tossed into my purse or stuffed in a pocket multiple times daily. :)

The finish isn't perfect. There were no instructions with the kit, so I wasn't sure if I should stitch over 1 or 2. Over 2 turned out bigger than the kit picture makes it look like it should be, but over 1 would have been really tiny. And I didn't do a very good job with the finishing. If I ever do this kind of finish again, I'll hopefully do a much better job of centering the ends and blocking the design. But I still really like it!!

I hope everyone had as fun a weekend as I did! <3

Comments

Unknown said…
Love your finish. It is the perfect purse fob. Love the paw print.
I love your paw print fob and I think you did a fantastic job with the finishing. Glad you had a wonderful time there!
Julie said…
Great paw print fob. Lots of lovely things you purchased.
Carol said…
Oh, that must have been wonderful to see all those vendors in one place! I think you held back very nicely on your purchases, Amy, but you still got some nice treats for yourself. Very cute paw print keychain--like the idea of it on the outside of your purse, too :)