October Smalls SAL & other smalls

My October small for the Smalls SAL, run by Heather of Stitching Lotus:
"Fran & Frankie" by Crafty Like a Fox on Etsy. I had hoped to turn it into a little something along with Fangtastic by now, but haven't gotten to it. Stitched on 32 ct "Dwarf" Belfast like Fangtastic, though the fabric didn't photograph well this time. Fran's dress and the 'lightning' are stitched with glow in the dark thread.

This month I also finished parts 1 and 2 of the Ship's Manor 'Beautiful Sea Quaker' SAL:
Using Ship's Manor threads on 32 ct "Loki" evenweave by Hand Dyed Fabrics by Stephanie.

And "French Country Squirrel" by JBW Designs:
I used Silk 'n Colors "Big Leaf Maple" silk floss for the majority of the design, and Victoria Motto Sampler Shoppe threads for the little pair of acorns. I stitched it on VMSS 32 ct "Parchment" Belgian linen, though the linen is much more yellow than this picture shows. It turned out super cute!

The one other small finished this month was the Pawprint Keychain (or purse fob, in this case).


Comments

Melinda Forbes said…
Love the thread choice for your Squirrel - Big Maple Leave - perfect. Also Fran and Frankie are a wonderful green
Fran and Frankie make me giggle. Congratulations on your finishes, Amy! How do you like stitching with Erik's threads? What a wonderful color choice for the squirrel!
Von said…
I love that squirrel and the floss you used to stitch him!
Irmeli said…
Such really nice projects you have done!
Julie said…
The squirrel is so cute, as others have said, your thread choice is wonderful for him.
Frank and his lady look great.
Heather said…
Great work. I love that you used glow-in-the-dark thread. I find that it is a pain to stitch with, but it looks so cool.

Thanks for being part of the Smalls SAL!
I really like the color choice on the squirrel--so perfect for autumn. I also like the happy Frankenstein couple.
Love Fran and Frankie! Great stitching.