May Smalls SAL post

My May small for the 2017 Smalls SAL run by Heather of Stitching Lotus:

I took a left turn in terms of the Mothers Day gift I made for my mom. I started thinking that I wasn't sure she would like the primitive style of the four square design. So I stitched up a tiny scissor fob using a pattern from the May 2017 Cross Stitcher magazine:
I had a heck of a time finishing it, because it is SO SMALL. It's about the size of an American-currency quarter. Ack. I felt like my fingers were giant fumbling sausages during the finishing process. I used a couple of little clear flower buttons to stabilize the spot where I attached the ribbon, and to add a bit of 'bling.' She liked it. ☺
 

Comments

Carol said…
Oh, my! That is a tiny one! But, you know me, Amy--I just love tiny :) They sure are hard to finish, though. You did a wonderful job and I'm glad your mom loved it. Is she a cross-stitcher, too?

Enjoy your long weekend!
What a sweet piece you created for your Mom! Way to go!
Mary's Thread said…
Awww that is super cute! I love it! And I feel the same way myself something about being a "sausage fingers" on the little stuff :)
Melinda Forbes said…
It is a great finish, and an awesome gift. a quarter is so tiny, I would have never been able to finish it!
Pamela said…
How tiny and cute!
Very pretty. Kudos to you for finishing something so small!
Sheryl said…
Beautiful work Amy, I like the pretty pattern and the size which must have been difficult to finish