Friday, May 26, 2017

May Smalls SAL post

My May small for the 2017 Smalls SAL run by Heather of Stitching Lotus:

I took a left turn in terms of the Mothers Day gift I made for my mom. I started thinking that I wasn't sure she would like the primitive style of the four square design. So I stitched up a tiny scissor fob using a pattern from the May 2017 Cross Stitcher magazine:
I had a heck of a time finishing it, because it is SO SMALL. It's about the size of an American-currency quarter. Ack. I felt like my fingers were giant fumbling sausages during the finishing process. I used a couple of little clear flower buttons to stabilize the spot where I attached the ribbon, and to add a bit of 'bling.' She liked it. ☺
 

8 comments:

  1. Oh, my! That is a tiny one! But, you know me, Amy--I just love tiny :) They sure are hard to finish, though. You did a wonderful job and I'm glad your mom loved it. Is she a cross-stitcher, too?

    Enjoy your long weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet piece you created for your Mom! Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww that is super cute! I love it! And I feel the same way myself something about being a "sausage fingers" on the little stuff :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is a great finish, and an awesome gift. a quarter is so tiny, I would have never been able to finish it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty. Kudos to you for finishing something so small!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful work Amy, I like the pretty pattern and the size which must have been difficult to finish

    ReplyDelete

October Smalls SAL post

Here's my project for the October Smalls SAL hosted by Stitching Lotus : Very Merry Autumn by JBW Designs. I stitched it on 32 count ...