Skip to main content

June Goals Status (with pics)

Midway through June I decided that maybe setting stitching goals AND holding myself accountable is a necessary part of Stitching from Stash. So. I'm going to try this "stitching goals" thing again. But with pictures this time! Because I like posting pictures.

Ongoing Projects:

OK, I have way too many of these. 
  • Just Nan's Mouse in a House series - goal is to actually get them all done within a reasonable timeframe.
  • Frosted Pumpkin Mysterious Halloween Town - whether finished or not, this will be out of rotation by end of September in favor of a Christmas design. So hopefully I can finish it by then.
  • Faby Reilly Lizzie Stitching Wallet - this is a stitch along that runs through October. Goal is to keep up with it.
  • Tempting Tangles Feathers n Fins - I love this, but stitching on 40 count is a challenge, so it's slow going. Goal is at least one or two threads per month.
  • Spring Robin - this is an old-ish WIP (started in 2014); shooting for an August finish.
  • Nora Corbett Bleeding Heart Pixie - I sort of accidentally started this; goal is at least one or two threads per month.
  • Stitch Maynia starts - the small designs will be take-to-work projects. I hope to finish one of the larger designs by the end of the year (Not a Creature Was Stirring by Lizzie Kate).
Monthly Status:

June Goal: Finish Floral Frame Kit
Status: Finished!

June Goal: Finish June Bugs
Status: Finished!

June Goal: Finish Spring Mouse House
Status: Finished!

June Goal: Progress on Mysterious Halloween Town
Status: Progress made
BEFORE:
AFTER:


June Goal: Progress on Whimsical Advent Calendar (this one will be going into the 'on hold' pile; just not appealing to me right now)
Status: No progress. Still here:

June Goal: Progress on Feathers n Fins
Status: Progress made (the progress made in June = the numbers, the partial cat tail above the numbers, and the bit below the numbers)
BEFORE (minus some May progress):
AFTER:


June Goal: Progress on Spring Robin
Status: Progress made (main stitching finished; needs back-stitching and beads)
BEFORE:
AFTER:


June Goal: Start/Finish Summer Mouse
Status: Started/Finished!

June Goal: Start Lizzie Stitching Wallet by Faby Reilly
Status: Started (1st part released June 19)

June Goal: No purchases except DMC
Status: Fail. $26 spent on patterns, argh, $22 on fabric/specialty thread/beads, argh. Some DMC purchases too, of course.

Unplanned activity: Started Bleeding Heart Pixie, woops? No picture, because I've only put one thread into it.

July Goals:
  • Finish Prairie Schooler 'August' (this was a Stitch Maynia start)
  • Finish Mill Hill Flamingo (just needs beads)
  • Progress on Mill Hill Spring Robin (finish back-stitching)
  • Progress on Frosted Pumpkin Mysterious Halloween Town (finish p. 1, start p. 2)
  • Progress on Bleeding Heart Pixie
  • Progress on Tempting Tangles Feathers n Fins
  • Progress on Faby Reilly Lizzie Stitching Wallet
  • Start Summer Mouse House
  • No purchases except DMC

Comments

  1. It looks like setting goals helped to keep you focused on what you wanted to accomplish. Good for you! I look forward to seeing where you are at the end July.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done on achieving most of your June goals. I love the Strawberry Mouse and the Mouse House too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really loved your picture-filled post, Amy--especially those cute JN Mouse creations. They are adorable! Hope your July goals are easily met. I am not a goal-setter (other than my ornament a month goal which I am failing miserably at this year :)

    Happy 4th to you!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

November Smalls SAL post

My November small for the Smalls SAL, run by Heather of Stitching Lotus:
This is from a kit that came with an issue of Cross Stitch Crazy magazine. It will be finished into an ornament using the little felt frame that came with the kit. There are supposed to be little stars/snowflakes, but this fabric about drove me nuts with how hard it was to stitch on, so I left them off.

I'm also keeping up with the Beautiful Sea Quaker SAL, with tiny part 4 finished last weekend:

And I stitched Season of Love by Stitchers Anon:
She has an Etsy shop with TONS of adorable PDF designs, but she's closing the shop at the end of the year so if you like her stuff, now is the time to buy. :(

Lastly, even though this isn't stitching, I wanted to show the Christmas wreath I made:
It's a foam wreath wrapped with a color-blocked yarn. I made the felt flowers, added a couple cute berry picks and some jingle bells, and got the bow at Michaels. I'm really happy with how it turned out.

January Smalls SAL post

My first small for the 2017 Smalls SAL run by Heather of Stitching Lotus. It's a Lizzie Kate Tiny Tidings called Snow Bird. There are meant to be blue beads in the centers of the snowflakes, but I subbed blue stitches. Stitched on 32 count  linen in "Wren" by PTP (I think).



I had intended to have one or two other smalls done by now, but for some reason, I thought it would be a great idea to start a project on January 2 for a friend whose birthday is February 3. I've had to put everything else aside to work on it. I still have 1/4 of it left to do, and only a week to do it. :( I really like it, and it's going to be cute when it's done, but ack.

It is reminding me of why I stopped enjoying stitching years ago - I was stitching large-ish things, and often they were for people and therefore needed to be done by some date (which ultimately slid and slid and slid, and then I felt guilty about it), and I got so sick of whatever I was stitching on that it stopped bei…

A Post

I finished this last night. "Holly Tree" by Scissor Tail Designs, stitched on 32 count "Wren" (by PTP maybe?), with Victorian Motto Sampler Shoppe "Autumn Ivy," Romy's Creations "Red Passion," and DMC 502.

And I'm keeping up with the Beautiful Sea Quaker SAL; first 3 parts done.