Hello Fall

Autumn Fever has set in - like Spring Fever except better because we're heading away from hot weather instead of toward it.

At any rate, I'm feeling the urge to declutter my house, paint rooms and furniture, and stitch all the autumn/Halloween things!

Mornings right now are marked by dense fog rising from the river and blanketing the farmland and little valleys among the hills. This has been the view across the river before I leave for work every day:
Beyond the closest treeline is the river; beyond the next treeline is a stretch of farmland before the hills rise up. All of the gray/white below the horizon is fog. It's lovely and magical, and since it's also a deliciously crisp 50-ish degrees F when I'm observing it, I'm about as happy as a night owl can be when forced to leave the house at 6a.m.

There are still plenty of flowers, at least in my mom's garden. I was taking photos for her last weekend, for her to share with a long-distance friend, and caught our dogs in one. My boxer-terrier mix Chuck, and my parent's Yorkie (probably mixed with a dachshund) Lily:
Lily is all "I would be much happier if you would get this terrible large beast out of my yard. >:( " She's not a dog person.

Chuck is enjoying the cooler weather as much as I am. He can lay out in the sun now without melting.
My bebeh. <3 <3 <3

I'm nearly done stitching the free Halloween biscornu pattern from the Lakeside Needlecrafts Facebook group. Here's the front, with the threads I'm using:
And here's a partially stitched back (this is from the other day; I'm much farther along now), showing the color variation in the threads really nicely:
I'd like to finish this over the weekend. Next I'll focus on either "Sorry We're Dead" or Just Nan's "Haunted Autumn Mouse in a House."

*waves*


Comments

Katie said…
Oh I love your biscornu. Too cute!! Love the dogs. I'm a dog maniac haha. I love the chill of fall and we finally are having it too here in Indiana. Feels great to not sweat finally haha.
I really like the 2 VMSS thread colors you are using. What a fun piece to be working on. Glad it is cooling off in your neck of the woods.
Von said…
Great color choices for your biscornu!!