Things

Three things today:

Stitching first! I finished "Sorry We're Dead" by Satsuma Street for a Facebook Halloween SAL:
The model shows it finished in a hoop, like this, but I think I will finish it as a rectangle to emphasize the "Sorry We're Closed" sign homage.

Second: I will be getting another dog on the weekend. So many feelings! The new dog belongs to a friend who, for Reasons, can't keep him. We both got our dogs at the same time, as puppies, and until she moved out of state a few years ago our dogs were BFFs. My dog has become a great deal more territorial and persnickety in his 'old' age (he's only 6, but I still call him my grumpy old man), and he's used to being an only dog, so I'm not sure how he'll feel about this. Plus, two dogs! Can I handle two dogs, in my little house, with my full time job + long commute??

So basically, I'm sad that she can't keep him, hopeful that her situation will change at some point so that she can take him back (because she adores him and it's SO hard for her to give him up), nervous about the extra responsibility/how my dog will adjust, excited because he's a wonderful dog, and happy to be able to give him a home.

It will also be interesting to see how my cats adjust. I figure they will proceed as normal: ignore the canine(s), continue to be in charge of everything. (The new dog has lived with cats and gets along with them just fine.)

Edit: a picture from a couple of years back, of my dog Chuck (front) and Chuck's soon-to-be-roomie Poco.
He has some lovely eyeliner, doesn't he? Wears it better than I do. :D

Lastly: Today I turn 44. Gosh. It's crazy, because some days I don't feel a day over 12.

Comments

Katie said…
Too cute finish. I agree with your idea to finish it like the sign. I have one dog and would love to have a 2nd. We travel so much I have to wait till my life settles a bit. I hope it works out well. Happy Birthday! Age is just a number. Stay feeling young.
Stitching Noni said…
Love your finish! Happy Birthday! :o)
Hope all goes well with the new furbaby joining the family!
Justine said…
Happy birthday! Love that finish, it's so funny and I agree would look good as a rectangular sign.

I have never had dogs or cats but have had two children and if it works out the same way with animals - the hardest part is going from having none to having one. Increasing from one to two is a breeze in comparison! Hope it all goes well for you. Love the idea of dog BFFs!
Carol said…
What a cute finish, Amy! And a belated Happy Birthday. Oh, that sounds so, so young--I'm looking at 63 coming up in January. Just think of all the fun stitching years you have still to come :)

Good luck with the newest member of your family--hope all of the animals can peacefully coexist!
Julie said…
Belated birthday wishes.
Great finish